Why Travel With Adventurous Ewe
We are proud to be a small company who can make a big difference to your overseas or UK adventure. Whether it’s an individual thing or raising money for charity, we’re here to ensure your event is one to remember. And we’re covered by Insurance IPP – International Passenger Protection.
Small groups, big adventures and responsible travel – that’s what we do.
5 reasons to travel with Adventurous Ewe:
- Small groups
The beauty of small groups is not only the minimal impact you have on the environment, you’re able to experience much more authentic encounters in far flung countries. Whether it be munching in quaint local restaurants, jumping onboard local transport as opposed to entering the local village in a ‘tourist coach’, to meeting local people and families and experiencing their way of life. Plus it’s the stories that you’ll share for years to come with the new friendships you’ve forged with your fellow travellers from all walks of life.
2. Adventure should be for everyone
Age, budget, travelling solo, with friends, a corporate group or raising money for a charity – it doesn’t matter where you’re from, what matters is you experience a new and exciting adventure. Our mission is to deliver the best adventure travel or UK event experience to anyone who’s up for the challenge. There’s an adventure that awaits everyone whether it’s a one day trek in the UK or an extreme wilderness adventure in the Arctic Circle.
- Safety, safety, safety
We consider the safety and welfare of our participants, staff and support crew to be a top priority. Rest assured that we will always do everything we can to carefully assess the risks on an adventure or event and ensure the appropriate safety measures are in place. Safety is always paramount.
We will provide you with a huge array of advice, support and guidance on everything you need to be sure you’re ready for your adventure. From training programmes to all the admin stuff like passport and visa requirements, you’ll have it all. Plus we’ll advise you on what kit you need and provide you with discount codes for some of the largest outdoor retail shops and kit hire companies.
With nearly 20 years of experience in planning and managing overseas and UK challenge events, plus an additional 12 years of international overland guiding, Adventurous Ewe has the skills, knowledge and expertise to ensure your next adventure is one to remember.
Adventurous Ewe is committed to delivering overseas adventure travel experiences in a responsible and ethical manner and with sustainable development at its core.
We respect and aim to operate our adventures and events to benefit local people, their cultures, economy and the environment!
Some of the responsible travel features embedded into Adventurous Ewe trips include:
- Using local crew who are qualified leaders, support crew, cooks and drivers who are all extremely knowledgeable and willing to share their local way of life often with a big friendly smile
- Staying in smaller-scale locally owned accommodation or with local families where possible
- Buying locally produced food and drink, and dining in locally owned restaurants
- Using public transport or locally owned transport companies where possible
- Minimising plastic waste wherever possible
- Careful management of limited energy and water resources
- Offering real life experiences which promote cross-cultural understanding
- Operating with a ‘leave no trace’ ethos
- Avoiding the exploitation of the vulnerable – including women, children, animals and endangered species