Snowdon by Night Trek
- A well renowned mountain trek by day, takes on a real challenge by night
- Tackle the highest peak in Wales and England, the mighty Snowdon at 1085m at night
- Under a blanket of stars, experience the wonder and serenity of night trekking
- On reaching the summit, be rewarded with an unforgettable sunrise illuminating a spectacular mountain landscape
- Accompanied by friendly local Mountain Leaders
- Trek with pride knowing that you are helping us continue our support of the Snowdonia Society and Cool Earth
- Option to have a delicious Welsh breakfast on celebration of your mountain achievement
- New safety and wellbeing guidelines are in place for this adventure
- We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful homeland of Wales.
Tackle the highest mountain in England and Wales under a blanket of the night sky. Trekking Snowdon at 1,085metres during the daylight forms a great challenge, but by using your head torch to light your way and with the moon as your back drop, the summit brings another huge sense of achievement to such an iconic feat.
Seeing the sunrise across Snowdonia National Park will be a memory to cherish for a lifetime! Upon your descent you will enjoy the awe-inspiring mountain landscape views and be impressed with the distance you covered under a starry sky.
Before your trek
- Personalised event support from the Adventurous Ewe team
- All event info supplied via our mobile travel app, Vamoos so you have access to the details 24/7 on your mobile phone
- Training guide
- Exclusive outdoor kit discounts from independent UK retailers Joe Brown / The Climbers Shop and ashmei athletic apparel
- Public liability insurance
- Risk assessments, safety and emergency management planning.
On your trek
- Trek briefing prior to your challenge
- Certified Mountain Leader/s
- Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies
- Safety and risk management
- Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List
- Transfers to and from the event start/finish
- Dinner the night prior to your trek
- Accommodation (if driving, we highly recommend you organise some accommodation in order to get some rest before driving home. We can arrange this for you at an additional cost).
- Breakfast on completion of your trek. This can also be organised at an additional cost.
- Personal spending money.
How to Book
The easiest way to register your challenge is online, simply click the Dates and Availability.
You will need to pay a non-refundable fee of £25.00 per person at the time of booking. The remaining balance of £50.00 per person is required to be paid no less than 5 weeks prior to the trek date.
Please get in touch with us at email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on the Snowdon by Night Trek.
Arrive late afternoon in time for an introduction and briefing about the weekend’s events and prepare ourselves for the challenge ahead. Everyone is welcome to join us for dinner, before we then head to bed to rest up for the ‘real’ challenge ahead.
Register ourselves onto the challenge from 2am and have some ‘breakfast’ before switching on our head torches and setting foot along the trail at 3am. We will either climb via the Llanberis path or PYG Track, the route will be weather dependant. After a tough climb by moonlight, we reach the summit of Snowdon and take in the fantastic scenery as the sun rises. We take some group photos to celebrate our success at the summit, and then head back down to Llanberis for some well-earned celebration brunch.
Approx 7-8 walking.
Weather & Safety
The weather in the Snowdonia National Park can change very quickly, what can start out as a good day can soon become very poor. It is very important to be well equipped and prepared for all conditions. Our route will be ascending and descending a great deal and a good level of fitness is required. The Leader reserves the right to change the itinerary at any time should the conditions require it. In these circumstances we will make the best alternative arrangements possible that maintain the integrity of the original itinerary.
What are the group sizes?
Our maximum size group is 12 per Mountain Leader with a minimum of 6.
Who will be leading the group?
At Adventurous Ewe we employ experienced and fully qualified Mountain Leaders to accompany and lead you. They are Mountain First aid trained and have extensive experience in leading in the mountains and the three peaks challenge. They will be ultimately responsible for your safety on the mountain and the rest of the group. They will be carrying full safety equipment and mountain first aid kits with them.
How fit do I need to be?
A good level of walking fitness is required. This is a tough challenge and physically and mentally draining, sleep deprivation plays a part here, affecting some people more than others. As much preparation and training you put in beforehand the better chance of success you have.
Get The Right Equipment:
Our seasons now are only determined by the temperature of the rain! You need clothing and equipment for all weathers. It is very possible to encounter sub-zero temperatures and near arctic conditions, heavy rain and high winds during the night. Walking boots are essential – don’t even think about training shoes. You should always have a minimum of one whistle within your team, some extra food, and a head torch with spare batteries in your rucksack. Personal first aid kit.
What do you do to protect the environment?
We limit the impact we have on the surrounding environment and stick to paths so as not to cause further erosion on the mountain. We will ensure that all rubbish is disposed of responsibly and take all rubbish away with us.
How to Book
The best way to register for the Snowdon by Night challenge is online, simply click the Dates and Availability.
You will need to pay a non-refundable fee of £75.00 at the time of booking. It is possible to reserve a place on this challenge by email to email@example.com, however you will need to pay your registration fee of £75.00 to confirm your place on this challenge together with completing a booking form.
Please get in touch with us via the contacts page or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on the Snowdon by Night Trek.