Snowdon Triple Challenge
- Snowdonia – Bike it. Hike it. Paddle it. The ultimate one-day Snowdonia challenge
- Tackle all terrains as you cycle, trek and kayak in the heart of the wildness of Wales
- Conquer the summit of Snowdon, the highest peak in Wales at 1,085m
- Experience the beauty and the brawn of the legendary Welsh landscape
- One night’s accommodation, bike & kayak hire are all included
- Find your epic deep in the soul of Wales…
The ultimate way to experience the rugged landscape of Snowdonia National Park with this cycling, trekking and kayaking adventure. Discover some hidden pockets and stunning views of Snowdonia with cycling through Welsh villages and farmlands, experience two different trekking routes as you conquer the highest peak in Wales and kayak the stunning glacial formed lake and look back at the peak you have just conquered.
You don’t have to be a pro at cycling or kayaking, just have an adventurous spirit which will see you conquer this 24.5-mile route in the epic Snowdonia landscape. Plus enjoy a home-made packed lunch with locally sourced products.
It’s a perfect weekend away in the heart of one of the UK’s finest adventure playgrounds. Plus, why not combine it with a visit to Zip World, Bounce Below, Adventure Parc (Surf Snowdonia) or visit one of the many castles such as Harlech, Caernarfon or Conwy castles. Make your weekend in Snowdonia an adventurous one.
If none of the dates above suit you and you have a group of over 12 people, please get in touch as we’d be happy to set up a date that meets with your requirements between April – October (dependent on accommodation availability). Simply email: email@example.com or call 01492 588 069.
Included before your event
- Personalised event support in the lead up to your event from Adventurous Ewe
- All event info supplied via our mobile travel app: Vamoos
- Discount code with ashmei sporting apparel and other independent outdoor retailers
- Public liability insurance
- Risk assessment & emergency management
Included during your event
- Event briefing the night prior to your event
- One night’s accommodation (twin share basis)
- Cycle & Mountain Leader/s and Kayak Instructor/s
- Bike & helmet hire
- Kayaks, paddles and buoyancy aids
- Kayak briefing, instruction & support on the lake
- Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies
- Entrance permission to national parks & lake including council fees
- Breakfast on the morning of your event
- Snacks, water and a packed lunch during your event
- Filling of water bottle/s and thermos (you must provide your own water bottles and thermos)
- Luggage and bike transfer from cycling & trekking transition point
- Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List
- Water bottle/s and thermos for filling and refilling. Please provide your own bottles as this is to minimise the use of plastic bottles
- Dinner the night prior to your event. Recommendations provided when you register
- Personal snacks and electrolytes
- Transport to and from the event
- Second night of accommodation. This can be organised at an additional cost
- Personal spending money.
Arrive early evening in Llanberis the heart Snowdonia where you will overnight after receiving a full event briefing and the chance to meet your team of leaders and support crew. Pick up from Bangor train station on request.
We arrive back in Llanberis for the final leg of the challenge canoeing 4km along LLyn Padarn finally finishing at the lagoons, you will be greeted at the finish line with a well deserved celebratory glass of bubbly. Approx. total time 8-10hrs
You are welcome to bring your own bike of which we recommend either a hybrid or road bike with a rear working light. Bike helmets must we warn at all times. Hire bikes are available. To reserve your bike, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 weeks prior to the event start date to reserve your bike.
The cycling route takes you along a cycle path past a stunning glacial lake before you pedal along country roads through small villages and farmland with incredible views. It is scenic ride with one hill climb however the sense of achievement is really rewarding. You will be accompanied by your Cycle Leader. A full cycle safety briefing is given however it is your responsibility to negotiate safely around the route and to comply with all road traffic regulations.
Cycling distance: approx 12 miles
As the highest peak in Wales, Snowdon (1085m) makes for an epic finish to this Snowdonia adventure. On completing the cycling leg you will change you bike for boots and start your climb via the quieter route of the Snowdon Ranger path, which is thought to be the earliest of the six main routes to the summit. The path climbs gradually up to, and around the slopes of Moel Cynghorion to Bwlch Cwm Brwynog. It then climbs steeply over the shoulder above Clogwyn Du’r Arddu before merging with the Llanberis path, and then on to the summit at 1,085metres. You will have time to celebrate your mighty achievement before descending back down via the Llanberis Path which allows you to experience two different routes on the mountain. Full of pride and a huge sense of achievement you will then walk to Llyn Padarn for the start of your final leg, the kayak section.
Trekking distance: approx 10 miles
You will join one of your team-mates in a 2-person sit-on-top kayak, and each have a double-ended paddle and buoyancy aid. Full instruction will be provided so you will learn the skills required to paddle and steer your kayak before you set off on your scenic journey on the glacial formed lake of Llyn Padarn. No previous paddling experience is needed and the route typically sticks to the shoreline of the lake. Please note, the route on the day is dependent upon weather conditions.
Paddling distance: approx 1.5 – 2 miles
Weather and Safety
The weather in Snowdonia can change very quickly, what can start out as a good day can soon become very poor. It is very important to be well equipped and prepared for all weather conditions. The Mountain, Cycle and Kayak Leaders reserve the right to change the itinerary at any time should the conditions require it. In these circumstances we will make the best alternative arrangements possible that maintain the integrity of the original itinerary.
On arrival in Llanberis you will be staying in a 3* hotel accommodation with twin en-suite rooms.
All our guides are first aid trained and carry fully equipped medical kits for serious medical emergencies.
How big is the group?
The minimum size group is 12 people and a maximum group size of 80 people. You will complete this challenge in teams of 10 – 12 people per team.
How fit do I need to be?
The more training and prepared you are for this challenge, the more you will enjoy the experience. The Snowdon Triple Challenge is a great introduction to a multi-activity event and is very achievable whilst giving you a great sense of achievement with summiting the highest mountain in Wales. A training programme will be provided when you sign up for this event. We recommend that you have experience of hiking outdoors, be competent on a bike however you do not require any paddling skills. A good level of fitness and stamina will help you complete this amazing challenge.
What food and drinks are included?
Breakfast will be at your place of accommodation. Lunch will be a packed lunch of local produce and home-made treats. Dinner is not included however this can be arranged for group bookings. Water and snacks will be provided throughout your adventure as well. Please let us know prior to the event start date if you have any specific dietary requirements or allergies.
What do you do to protect the environment?
Adventurous Ewe is committed to delivering events in a responsible and ethical manner and with sustainable development at its core. We respect and aim to operate our adventures and events to benefit local people, their economy and the environment!
Some of the ethical event management features embedded in our Snowdon Triple Challenge are:
- Using local crew who are qualified Guides, support crew, cooks and drivers who are all extremely knowledgeable and experienced
- Staying in locally owned accommodation
- Minimising plastic waste wherever possible, therefore it is essential that you bring your own water bottles and thermos to fill during this event
- Recycling waste wherever possible
- Operating with a ‘leave no trace’ ethos
- As part of this event, Adventurous Ewe will make a donation to the environmental charity Cool Earth via our business partnership. To find out more please visit: https://www.adventurousewe.co.uk/cool-earth-partnership/
- You too are welcome to make a donation to the valuable work of Cool Earth. Just £2.50 will save 10 trees and lock up 10 tonnes of CO2. Together, we can all make a difference in helping preserve this precious and wonderful planet. #ewecandoit
How to book your challenge
Register via the website where you will create an account or log back in to your existing account. You will need to pay a non-refundable registration fee of £75.00 at the time of booking. You will be fully supported in the lead up to your event with information, training guide, kit list and discount codes for ashmei athletic apparel and other independent outdoor retailers, one of whom is located in Llanberis. All information will be provided via a mobile app per Vamoos.
The full balance is required to be paid no less than 4 weeks prior to your event start date.
Please get in touch with us at email at email@example.com or call 01492 588 069 if you would like further information on the Snowdon Triple Challenge or wish to make any group booking enquiries. We look forward to welcoming you to Snowdonia.