Snowdon Triple Challenge – Sunrise Edition
- Snowdonia – Hike it. Bike it. Paddle it.
- Ascend the highest mountain in Wales under a star filled sky
- Experience sunrise from the summit of Snowdon at 1085m
- Bike through stunning Welsh countryside in the glow of the early morning
- Paddle the picturesque Llyn Padarn
- Enjoy a well deserved brunch of local produce
- Bike & kayak hire and equipment are all included
- Take on this new adventure with a sunrise twist…
Registration fee: £55 per person, payable on signing up and is non-refundable
Remaining balance: £120 per person, payable 4 weeks prior to the event start date
You are welcome to fundraise for the charity of your choice or simply take part in this adventure with friends, colleagues or as an individual registration. We welcome everyone to be part of this epic adventure.
The ultimate way to experience the rugged landscape of Snowdonia National Park under a blanket of stars and the light of day. Journey up the highest mountain in Wales in the cover of darkness to witness an epic sunrise from the summit at 1085m. Descend via a different path to swap your boots for a bike and discover some hidden pockets and stunning views of Snowdonia with pedalling through Welsh villages and farmlands in the morning glow. With a grand finale of kayaking the stunning glacial formed lake and look back at the peak you have just conquered. This certainly is a fantastic way to experience the amazing Snowdonian landscape.
You don’t have to be a pro at cycling or kayaking, just have an adventurous spirit and great determination which will see you conquer this 24-mile route through Snowdon National Park. Plus enjoy a well deserved brunch with locally sourced products.
It’s a perfect weekend away in the heart of one of the UK’s finest adventure playgrounds. Plus with the afternoon free, why not combine it with a visit to Zip World, Bounce Below, Adventure Parc (Surf Snowdonia) or visit one of the many castles such as Harlech, Caernarfon or Conwy castles. Make your weekend in Snowdonia an adventurous one.
If none of the dates above suit you and you have a group of over 12 people, please get in touch as we’d be happy to set up a date that meets with your requirements between April – October (dependent on accommodation availability). Simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01492 588 069.
In the lead up to your event
- Personalised event support from Adventurous Ewe HQ
- All event info supplied via our mobile travel app: Vamoos
- Discount code with Joe Brown & The Climbers Shop and ashmei sporting apparel; both online and in store
- Public liability insurance
- Risk assessment & emergency management
Included during your event
- Event briefing the night prior to your event
- Cycle & Mountain Leader/s and Kayak Instructor/s
- Bike & helmet hire
- Kayaks, paddles and buoyancy aids
- Kayak briefing, instruction & support on the lake
- Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies
- Entrance permission to national parks & lake including council fees
- Lite breakfast and refreshments served after completing Snowdon hike
- Filling of water bottle/s and thermos (you must provide your own water bottles and thermos)
- Luggage and bike transfers
- Brunch on completion of your challenge
- Donation made to our environmental charity partner, Cool Earth
- Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List
- Water bottle/s and thermos for filling and refilling. Please provide your own bottles as this is to minimise the use of plastic bottles
- Accommodation. Recommendations for hotels, B&B’s, hostels and camping provided when you register
- Dinner the night prior to your event. Recommendations provided when you register
- Personal snacks and electrolytes
- Transport to and from the event
- Personal spending money.
Arrive early evening in Llanberis the heart Snowdonia where you will overnight after receiving a full event briefing and the chance to meet your team of leaders and support crew. Pick up from Bangor train station on request.
First leg: Hike Snowdon – approx 9 miles
Under a blanket of stars you will meet your Adventurous Ewe Leader at the Snowdon Mountain Railway at around 4.00am for the start of your triple challenge journey. Under the glow of your headtorch and the moon as your back-drop, you will ascend the highest peak in Wales via the Llanberis Path. This is the most gradual of the six main paths to the summit of Snowdon and is also quite clear, therefore helping with your night ascent of the mountain. Sunrise is due at 7.07am for which we aim to be on the summit with a suitable spot picked for you to sit back and enjoy the early morning glow rise above the neighbouring mountain ranges, weather permitting. It is a site to cherish and a memorable way to start your triple challenge.
Under the early morning glow you will then descend down the other side of Snowdon via the Snowdon Ranger Path, one of the quieter routes on Snowdon. The path will lead you down to the slopes of Moel Cynghorion and through to Welsh farmland before arriving at the base. Here you will have the chance to enjoy a lite breakfast and refreshments before starting on your second leg of the challenge, the bike.
Second leg: Bike – approx 12 miles
Swapping your boots for your bike you will wind your way along the quiet country roads past a picturesque lake, Welsh farmlands and villages. Your route then takes you uphill where you will be rewarded with incredible views over more farmlands and onto the Menai Strait and island of Anglesey. With a sweeping descent you will pedal your way into Llanberis along the shore to Llyn Padarn for the start of your final leg, the kayak.
Third leg: Kayak – approx 2 miles
You will be kitted out for the water element of your challenge and following a thorough kayak briefing you will paddle across the lake in double sit-on-top kayaks, still in the glow of the morning light. This is the perfect well-earned rest for those legs after your mountain climb and bike. Llyn Padarn is a magnificent glacially formed lake nestled amidst some of Snowdonia’s most spectacular scenery. Weather permitting, you may catch a glimpse of the summit of Snowdon which gives an incredible sense of achievement.
On returning to the shores you can celebrate the completion of this epic Welsh challenge with your fellow team mates and enjoy a well deserved brunch.
The afternoon is then free for you to enjoy. You can opt to stay another night in Snowdonia and make the most of your weekend in this incredible adventure playground, or start to make your way home. Given that you have completed such an epic challenge, we would highly recommend having a rest prior to driving home.
As the highest peak in Wales, Snowdon (1085m), makes for an epic start to this Snowdonia adventure. Under a blanket of stars you will start your journey via ascending the Llanberis Path under the glow of your head torch to the summit at 1085 metres. You will have time to witness the sunrise over the mountain ranges before starting your descent via the quieter Snowdon Ranger Path. This path is thought to be the earliest of the six main routes on the mountain. This allows you to experience two different routes on Snowdon in two different conditions – night and day. Full of pride and a huge sense of achievement you will have time to enjoy a breakfast snack before swapping your boots for your bike for the next section of your challenge.
Trekking distance: approx 10 miles
The cycling route takes you along a cycle path past a picturesque lake before you pedal along country roads through small villages and farmland with incredible views. It is scenic ride with one hill climb however the sense of achievement is rewarding with views across the Menai Strait to Anglesey. You will be accompanied by your Cycle Leader. A full cycle safety briefing is given however it is your responsibility to negotiate safely around the route and to comply with all road traffic regulations.
You are welcome to bring your own bike of which we recommend either a hybrid or road bike with front and rear working lights. Bike helmets must we warn at all times. Hire bikes are available. To reserve your bike, please email email@example.com at least 3 weeks prior to the event start date with your height details.
Cycling distance: approx 12 miles
You will join one of your team-mates in a 2-person sit-on-top kayak, and each have a double-ended paddle and buoyancy aid. Full instruction will be provided so you will learn the skills required to paddle and steer your kayak before you set off on your scenic journey on the glacial formed lake of Llyn Padarn. No previous paddling experience is needed and the route typically sticks to the shoreline of the lake. Please note, the route on the day is dependent upon weather conditions.
Paddling distance: approx 1.5 – 2 miles
Weather and Safety
The weather in Snowdonia can change very quickly, what can start out as a good day can soon become very poor. It is very important to be well equipped and prepared for all weather conditions. The Mountain, Cycle and Kayak Leaders reserve the right to change the itinerary at any time should the conditions require it. In these circumstances we will make the best alternative arrangements possible that maintain the integrity of the original itinerary.
Accommodation is not included in this event allowing you the flexibility to book where you like and according to your budget. Once you have registered for the event we will provide you with a list of recommended places to stay including hotels, hostels, B&B’s and campsites.
All our guides are first aid trained and carry fully equipped medical kits for serious medical emergencies.
How big is the group?
The minimum size group is 12 people and a maximum group size of 80 people. You will complete this challenge in teams of 10 – 12 people per team.
How fit do I need to be?
The more training and prepared you are for this challenge, the more you will enjoy the experience. The Snowdon Triple Challenge is a great introduction to a multi-activity event and is very achievable whilst giving you a great sense of achievement with summiting the highest mountain in Wales. A training programme will be provided when you sign up for this event. We recommend that you have experience of hiking outdoors, be competent on a bike however you do not require any paddling skills. A good level of fitness and stamina will help you complete this amazing challenge.
What food and drinks are included?
A lite breakfast will be provided between your hike and bike activities. On completion of your challenge you will be provided with a celebratory brunch of local produce and home-made treats. Dinner the night prior is not included however this can be arranged for group bookings. Water and snacks will be provided throughout your adventure as well. Please let us know prior to the event start date if you have any specific dietary requirements or allergies.
What do you do to protect the environment?
Adventurous Ewe is committed to delivering events in a responsible and ethical manner and with sustainable development at its core. We respect and aim to operate our adventures and events to benefit local people, their economy and the environment!
Some of the ethical event management features embedded in our Snowdon Triple Challenge – Sunrise Edition are:
- Using local crew who are qualified Guides and support crew who are all extremely knowledgeable and experienced
- Do not use glow-sticks or similar items during the night ascent of Snowdon to ensure these items are not left on the mountain
- Trek quietly through Llanberis village during the night to avoid disturbing the community
- Use local catering companies who in turn use local produce
- Recommending locally owned accommodation
- Minimising plastic waste wherever possible, therefore it is essential that you bring your own water bottles and thermos to fill during this event
- Recycling waste wherever possible
- Operating with a ‘leave no trace’ ethos
- As part of this event, Adventurous Ewe will make a donation to the environmental charity Cool Earth via our business partnership. To find out more please visit: https://www.adventurousewe.co.uk/cool-earth-partnership/
- You too are welcome to make a donation to the valuable work of Cool Earth. Just £2.50 will save 10 trees and lock up 10 tonnes of CO2. Together, we can all make a difference in helping preserve this precious and wonderful planet. #ewecandoit
How to book your challenge
Register via the website where you will create an account or log back in to your existing account. You will need to pay a non-refundable registration fee of £55.00 per person at the time of booking. You will be fully supported in the lead up to your event with information, training guide, kit list and discount codes for Joe Brown & The Climbers Shop and ashmei athletic apparel. All information will be provided via a mobile app per Vamoos.
The remaining balance of £120.00 per person is required to be paid no less than 4 weeks prior to your event start date.
Please get in touch with us at email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01492 588 069 if you would like further information on the Snowdon Triple Challenge or wish to make any group booking enquiries. We look forward to welcoming you to Snowdonia.