Snowdon Triple Challenge
(Click to expand)
- Snowdon Triple Challenge – Bike it. Hike it. Paddle it.
- The ultimate one-day multi activity adventure created by Adventurous Ewe in the heart of Snowdonia
- Tackle all terrains as you bike, hike and kayak in the wildness of Wales
- Conquer the summit of Snowdon, the highest peak in England & Wales at 1,085m
- Bike & kayak and associated equipment hire are all included
- Two packages available – with and without accommodation
- Take part with pride knowing that you are helping us support the Snowdonia Society and Cool Earth
- New safety and wellbeing guidelines are in place for this adventure
- We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful homeland of Wales.
This is the ‘Year of Outdoors’ in Wales and what better way to discover and experience the rugged landscape of Snowdonia National Park than with this cycling, trekking and kayaking adventure.
The Snowdon Triple Challenge was created by Adventurous Ewe and is proudly our flagship adventure right here in our own backyard of Snowdonia National Park. Chief Ewe, Jim Young, developed this multi-activity adventure in order to showcase some of the best and also some hidden gems of this stunning area.
Your journey by bike will take you along the beautiful shores of Llyn Padarn before tackling an incline as you pass through Welsh villages to then sweep through green farmlands to swap your bikes for boots. It’s now that the mighty Snowdon calls with an ascent via the quieter route of the Snowdon Ranger Path to the peak at 1085metres before the descent via the Llanberis Path to lead you to back to the shores of Llyn Padarn. Following a kayak briefing it’s time to paddle the stunning glacial formed lake and look back at the peak you have just conquered.
You don’t have to be a pro at cycling or kayaking, just have an adventurous spirit which will see you conquer this 24.5-mile route in the epic Snowdonia landscape. Plus enjoy a home-made packed lunch with locally sourced products.
It’s a perfect weekend away in the heart of one of the UK’s greatest adventure playgrounds. Plus, why not extend the adventure with a trip to Zip World, Bounce Below, Adventure Parc Snowdonia or visit an impressive historic castle at Harlech, Caernarfon or Conwy. Make your weekend in Snowdonia an adventurous one. We can help with further info or bookings.
We look forward to welcoming you to Snowdonia.
If the above dates do not suit you and you have a group of over 10 people, please get in touch as we’d be happy to set up a new date between April – October (dependent on accommodation availability). Or if you have any questions about our new operations and continued level of care for your safety and wellbeing, simply email: email@example.com or call 01492 588 069.
Package 1: excluding accommodation is £155 per person
Package 2: including one night’s hotel accommodation (twin share basis) is £205 per person
Deposit of £75 per person (included in the above price) is required on booking. The remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to your event start date.
Included before your event
- Personalised support in the lead up to your Snowdon Triple Challenge
- All trip info supplied via our free mobile travel app: Vamoos
- Discount code with ashmei sporting apparel and Joe Brown / The Climbers Shop outdoor retailers
- Public liability insurance
- Risk assessment, safety & wellbeing and emergency management
Included during your event
- Digital event briefing prior to your challenge
- One night’s accommodation (twin share basis)
- Cycle & Mountain Leader/s and Kayak Instructor/s
- Hand sanitiser available at all checkpoints and before and after the event
- Bike & helmet hire
- Kayaks, paddles and buoyancy aids
- Kayak briefing, instruction & support on the lake
- Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies
- Entrance permission to national parks & lake including council fees
- Breakfast on the morning of your event
- Snacks, water and a packed lunch during your event
- Filling of water bottle/s and thermos (you must provide your own water bottles and thermos)
- Luggage and bike transfer from cycling & trekking transition point
- Accommodation if you select ‘package 2’ which does not include an overnight stay
- Single room supplement if you select ‘package 1’ @ £50 per person (depending on availability)
- Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List
- Water bottle/s and thermos for filling and refilling. Please provide your own bottles as this is to minimise the use of plastic bottles
- Dinner the night prior to your event. Recommendations provided when you register
- Personal snacks and electrolytes
- Transport to and from the event
- Second night of accommodation. This can be organised at an additional cost
- Personal spending money.
If you are booking on the accommodation package, your hotel is located in the colourful mountain village of Llanberis in Snowdonia National Park. Free car parking is available at the hotel or it is a 20 minute taxi journey from Bangor Train Station. The rooms are allocated on a twin share basis however if you would prefer a single room, please let us know and we will arrange this for you dependent on availability. There is a single room supplement cost of £50 per person. Please note, dinner is at your own expense allowing you the flexibility to eat where you wish.
Those who book on the non accommodation package, you are most welcome to stay where you feel most comfortable ie. self catered cottage, AirBnB, local yurts or camping etc. where you can then join the team the following morning in Llanberis.
Your event briefing will be provided via digital format prior to the big weekend.
Bike – approx 10 miles (220m ascent & 180m descent)
Trek – approx 9 miles (945m ascent & 1060m descent)
Kayak – approx 2.5 miles
After an early start for breakfast, we’ll meet at 8.30am in Llanberis and split into teams of no more than 10 people before jumping in the saddle to pedal a stunning circular route around Snowdonia National Park. You’ll cycle along the shores of Llyn Padarn, through stunning Welsh countryside and quaint villages with the peak of Snowdon looming in the distance. Swapping your bikes for boots it’s then time to conquer the mighty Snowdon as you stomp it up the Snowdon Ranger Trail on the west side of the mountain, one of the more quieter routes to the summit.
Follow the ridgeline all the way to the summit for a victory photo and a quick breather you’ll then descend to the northwest via the more gradual Llanberis Path, finishing in Llanberis itself. The grand finale of the day will see you paddling around Llyn Padarn, completing a large circuit of the lake, to smash through the finish line and celebrate with a glass of bubbles with your fellow team-mates.
All being well, you should finish around 4.00pm – 5.00pm.
Safety and Wellbeing
Adventurous Ewe puts the safety and well-being of you, our leaders & crew and the communities we visit at the centre of all our operations, always. Your safety and well-being is our top priority and as such we have implemented a range of changes and precautions focused on ensuring strong hygiene practices for all our adventures. This also includes ensuring our places of accommodation and catering suppliers have strong hygiene practices in place as well. These guidelines will be sent to you when you book on this event.
The Snowdon Triple Challenge will require preparation as the event is designed to take you out of your every-day comfort zone and achieve something great. Rest assured we have a thorough Safety and Wellbeing Management System, indepth risk assessments and risk management systems in place. Your safety and well-being is our top priority at all times.
You are welcome to bring your own bike of which we recommend either a hybrid or road bike with a rear working light. Bike helmets must we warn at all times. Hire bikes are available. To reserve your bike, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 weeks prior to the event start date to reserve your bike.
The cycling route takes you along a cycle path past a stunning glacial lake before you pedal along country roads through small villages and farmland with incredible views. It is scenic ride with one hill climb however the sense of achievement is really rewarding. You will be accompanied by your Cycle Leader. A full cycle safety briefing is given however it is your responsibility to negotiate safely around the route and to comply with all road traffic regulations.
Cycling distance: approx 12 miles
As the highest peak in Wales, Snowdon (1085m) makes for an epic finish to this Snowdonia adventure. On completing the cycling leg you will change you bike for boots and start your climb via the quieter route of the Snowdon Ranger path, which is thought to be the earliest of the six main routes to the summit. The path climbs gradually up to, and around the slopes of Moel Cynghorion to Bwlch Cwm Brwynog. It then climbs steeply over the shoulder above Clogwyn Du’r Arddu before merging with the Llanberis path, and then on to the summit at 1,085metres. You will have time to celebrate your mighty achievement before descending back down via the Llanberis Path which allows you to experience two different routes on the mountain. Full of pride and a huge sense of achievement you will then walk to Llyn Padarn for the start of your final leg, the kayak section.
Trekking distance: approx 10 miles
You will join one of your team-mates in a 2-person sit-on-top kayak, and each have a double-ended paddle and buoyancy aid. Full instruction will be provided so you will learn the skills required to paddle and steer your kayak before you set off on your scenic journey on the glacial formed lake of Llyn Padarn. No previous paddling experience is needed and the route typically sticks to the shoreline of the lake. Please note, the route on the day is dependent upon weather conditions.
Paddling distance: approx 1.5 – 2 miles
Weather and Safety
The weather in Snowdonia can change very quickly, what can start out as a good day can soon become very poor. It is very important to be well equipped and prepared for all weather conditions. The Mountain, Cycle and Kayak Leaders reserve the right to change the itinerary at any time should the conditions require it. In these circumstances we will make the best alternative arrangements possible that maintain the integrity of the original itinerary.
There’s two packages available for this event:
- With one night’s accommodation the night prior to the event in a 3* hotel accommodation with twin en-suite rooms. A single room supplement is available at an additional cost of £50 per person.
- Without accommodation giving you the flexibility to organise your own where you feel comfortable ie. self catering cottage, AirBnB, yurts, camping, etc.
How big is the group?
We pride ourselves in small group travel to minimise the impact on the environment, to maximise your safety and wellbeing and to make your experience more authentic. The minimum group size for the Snowdon Triple Challenge is 10 people and the maximum group size is 40 people.
You are most welcome to join this multi-activity adventure as a group of friends, family or colleagues or as a solo traveller. You are also welcome to use this trip as a fundraiser for the charity of your choice.
If you have a group of over 10 people, we would be more than happy to run a private trip for your team, your charity or your company.
For any further info or to chat about running a bespoke trip, we’d love to hear from you at email@example.com or call 01492 588 069.
How fit do I need to be?
The more training and prepared you are for the Snowdon Challenge, the more you will enjoy the experience. The Snowdon Triple Challenge is a great introduction to a multi-activity event and is very achievable whilst giving you a great sense of achievement with summiting the highest mountain in Wales. A training programme will be provided when you sign up for this adventure. We recommend that you have experience of hiking outdoors, be competent on a bike however you do not require any paddling skills. A good level of fitness and stamina will help you complete this amazing challenge.
What food and drinks are included?
Breakfast will be at your place of accommodation. Lunch will be a packed lunch of local produce and home-made treats. Dinner is not included giving you the flexibility to do as you wish and feel comfortable with. Water and snacks will be provided throughout your adventure as well. Please let us know prior to the event start date if you have any specific dietary requirements or allergies.
Thoughtful and Responsible Tourism
As part of the Snowdonia National Park Authority Partneriaeth Yr Wyddfa Partnership, we are an accredited Snowdon Visit Specialist. We are also a corporate partner of the Snowdonia Society and help support their vital work who since 1967 continue to work tirelessly to ensure that Snowdonia is well-protected, well-managed and enjoyed by all. and help support their vital work who since 1967 continue to work tirelessly to ensure that Snowdonia is well-protected, well-managed and enjoyed by all.
Adventurous Ewe is committed to delivering events in a responsible and ethical manner and with sustainable development at its core. We respect and aim to operate our adventures and events to benefit local people, their economy and the environment!
Some of the ethical event management features embedded in our Snowdon Triple Challenge are:
- Using local crew who are qualified Guides, support crew, cooks and drivers who are all extremely knowledgeable and experienced
- Staying in locally owned accommodation
- Minimising plastic waste wherever possible, therefore it is essential that you bring your own water bottles and thermos to fill during this event
- Recycling waste wherever possible
- Operating with a ‘leave no trace’ ethos
- As part of this event, Adventurous Ewe will make a donation to the environmental charity Cool Earth via our business partnership. To find out more please click here
- You too can help support the valuable work of Cool Earth by clicking here. Just £2.50 will save 10 trees and lock up 10 tonnes of CO2. Together, we can all make a difference in helping preserve this precious and wonderful planet. Thank-ewe.
Package 1: excluding accommodation is £155 per person
Package 2: including one night’s hotel accommodation (twin share basis) is £205 per person
On booking you will need to pay a deposit of £75 per person. The remaining balance is required to be paid no less than 4 weeks prior to your event start date.
Please get in touch with us at email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01492 588 069 if you would like further information on the Snowdon Triple Challenge or wish to make any group booking enquiries. We look forward to welcoming you to Snowdonia.