The Snowdonia Crossing Day 2
- Traverse the entire length of Snowdonia National Park in just 3 days under your own steam
- Cross mountains, rivers, lakes, historic sites and pass through small villages with 70% of this journey being off the beaten track
- Journey 125kms from coast to coast, south to north by bike, boots and boat
- Experience amazing off-road cycling along old drover trails, forest tracks and quiet country roads
- Summit Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon), the highest peak in England & Wales at 1,085m
- Kayak estuaries and rivers as your final paddle takes you to an epic finish at Conwy Castle
- Merida mountain bike hire included with Shimano 21-speed and disc brakes
- E-bike hire available or bring your own
- Join us for this brand new and exclusive adventure in support of the Snowdonia Society and Cool Earth.
The Snowdonia Crossing Day 2:
Beddgelert over Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon) to Pen-y-Pass
After a huge breakfast we leave the village of Beddgelert, our route continues following the Glaslyn River to Llyn Dinas, a stunning lake on the lower slopes of Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon) in the Nant Gwynant Valley.
Here your trail leaves the valley floor as you start your ascent of Yr Wyddfa, the highest peak in Wales via the Watkin Path. An original path to the summit, the Watkin Path has the most height gain with starting near sea level. The route leads through a beautiful ancient native oak woodland, slowly climbing into Cwn Llan with it’s stunning waterfalls.
The Watkin Path involves 1000m of ascent over a distance of 6.5km the last part of the climb to the summit involves a short scramble section.
On reaching the summit of Yr Wyddfa you’ll have time to relax and enjoy the panoramic mountain views over the Snowdonia National Park before descending via the Pyg Track. This track is a shorter descent of 5.5kms and the rocky path will lead you to Pen Y Pass where you will overnight.
- Trekking distance: 12.5kms
- Trekking terrain: Mountain path with rocky sections through ancient woodlands and a short scrambling section.
- Ascent: 1000m
- Descent: 704m
- Total time: 7 – 8 hours
- Accommodation: Local hostel on a shared room basis
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, snacks and drink refills
Private bubble groups
Do you have a group of 6 or more adventurers?. We can tailor your Snowdonia Crossing Adventure to your requirements. We’re here to make this excting multi activity adventure a great success for all involved. We offer this trip between the months of May – September For more information on Private Bubble Trips please contact us at email: email@example.com or call 01492 588 069.
Don;t forget to check Day 1: Snowdonia by Bike and Boots