UK Coast to Coast Cycling Weekend
- Conquer this iconic cycling challenge from the West coast to the East coast of England
- Dip your wheels into both the Irish and North Seas
- Cycle through the stunning Lake District and Northumbria National Parks
- Enjoy this bespoke route which follows sections of the historic Hadrian’s Wall
- Triumph over the impressive Hartside Pass with a 7.6km climb of an average gradient of 5%
- Experience this epic, fully supported two wheeled journey across the UK
- New safety and wellbeing guidelines are in place for this adventure.
Be inspired by some of the most dramatic scenery UK has to offer on this iconic cycling challenge from the West Coast to the East Coast of England.
Starting from the coast of West Cumbria at Whitehaven, this challenging route covers approximately 145 miles before reaching the welcome sight of the North Sea at Whitley Bay. The stunning route crosses the northern edge of the Lake District, climbs into the dramatic landscapes of the northern Pennines following the ancient fringes of Hadrian’s Wall before descending to the beautiful coastline of Whitley Bay.
You’ll need all your pedal power to tackle challenging ascents and descents as you travel through the beautiful Eden Valley and edges of Kielder Forest Park together with former mining towns and Roman forts. It’s a fantastic cycling challenge to tick off right here in your own backyard.
We really look forward to welcoming you to this well-renowned two-wheeled journey soon.
Before your ride
- Training Guide and tips
- Personalised event support in the lead up to your event from Adventurous Ewe
- Exclusive discount for retailers Joe Brown and ashmei
- Event info supplied via our mobile travel app, Vamoos
- Final details email containing all the info you need to know before your event
- Public liability insurance
- Risk assessment and emergency management planning.
On you ride
- Event briefing at the start of each day of cycling
- Qualified Cycling Leader and support cycling guides
- Bike mechanic and support crew
- Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies
- Inner tubes and basic bike kit available to purchase if required
- Support vehicle
- Luggage transfers
- Checkpoints with drinking water and snacks during your ride
- All logistical and safety management
- Event communications
- 1 night accommodation in Alston (twin share basis)
- 1 breakfast
- 2 lunches
- 1 dinner in Alston
What’s not included?
- Clothing and equipment on your Kit List
- Getting to the start and from the finish of the event
- On completion of the challenge, a return transfer from Whitley Bay (finish point) to Whitehaven (start point) can be organised at an additional cost for participants and their luggage & bike.
- Hire bikes are available for this event at a cost of £85 per bike including helmet, delivery and collection transfers
- Personal spending money.
- Accommodation in Whitehaven, Our staff will be staying at the Premier Inn on the outskirts of Whitehaven.
How to book your challenge
The easiest way to book your trip is online via the website by clicking on ‘Dates and Availability’ and selecting your preferred date. Follow the registration prompts until reaching the payment section where you will need to pay a non-refundable deposit of £85.00 per person.
The remaining balance of £280 per person is required to be paid no less than 4 weeks prior to departure.
Coast to Coast Cycling Information
Support vehicles are with the group at all times. All luggage, bike spares including spare bikes will be carried in the support vehicle and will be on hand to help with any mechanical problems. The cycling is mainly across undulating countryside and can be quite challenging in some sections. You will average 75 miles per day.
For any further information, please feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01492 588 069. We’d love to welcome you to this iconic UK cycling adventure.
Leaving the West Coast behind we make our way through the winding lanes of the Lake District, there are some big hill climbs this morning as you cycle through Loweswater and over Whinlatter Pass standing 350m above sea level. Our afternoon will be spent cycling through the beautiful rolling countryside of Cumbria, passing through Greystoke and Penrith before arriving at your evening destination of Alston.
After another good breakfast, you will set off to Whitley Bay and the North Sea via Hadrian’s Wall, stopping on route at some of the best preserved Roman forts in the UK. Heading north through the Northumberland National Park, we have a short stop at Homesteads Fort, set high up on a dramatic escarpment of Hadrian’s Wall Heritage Site before arriving at the finish point of St Mary’s Lighthouse in Whitley Bay. At the end of the trip after a hot shower we will take you to Newcastle Station or your accommodation within the local area, transfers to Whitehaven along with your bike can be provided on request, please allow an additional £30.00 for the transfer.