Jurassic Coast Trek
- Hike along the challenging but magnificent Jurassic Coast, England’s first UNESCO designated natural World Heritage Site
- Trek the truly stunning coastline with rocks recording 185 million years of the Earth’s history and is the most geologically diverse coastline in the world
- With a more recent history of mining, shipwrecks and smuggling, this is a remarkable stretch of coastline to trek along.
Grab this opportunity to pit yourself against the spectacular landscape of the Jurassic Coast in this impressive yet quite tough one day challenge. The sense of achievement is enormous as you conquer this 22-mile route of steep ascents and descents on the English coastline
1 night’s accommodation hostel
All meals during challenge
Water stops and refreshments
Fully guided route
Support vehicle available at certain points
Dinner and event briefing on Friday evening
Packed lunched during the trek
Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List
Personal spending money and tips
Trek preparation, dinner & accommodation
Arrival at Lulwoth Cove YHA late afternoon which is located just 1 mile from Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove should you wish to explore the area in the afternoon on arrival.
That evening you will receive a full event briefing from your Adventurous Ewe Mountain Leader to ensure you are well prepared for the following day’s challenge. You are welcome to ask any questions about the event during this session. Dinner to follow at participants own expense. Please note our accommodation location may change due to availability in the area. Our accommodation will be confirmed 2 weeks before the challenge start date.
- After an early start and a hearty breakfast you will leave the seaside town of Weymouth on the start of your 26 mile trekking challenge Trekking along the scenic path you will pass through coastal hamlet of Osmingtom Mills leaving the magnificent views of Weymouth Bay behind you
- With the path hugging the coastline you will spot one of Dorset’s most photographed and iconic landmarks, Durdle Door, an impressive natural limestone arch
- Having a break from the coastal cliffs, you will trek the undulating green hills before reaching the clear blue waters and beautiful white pebble beach of Lulworth Cove, marking approximately the halfway point of your trek
- Following more of the coastline before heading inland, you will continually climb and descend the steep hills of the Jurassic Coast before reaching your finishing point at Corfe Castle
- Corfe Castle is a fortification standing above the village of the same name on the Isle of Purbeck in the English county of Dorset. Built by William the Conqueror, the castle dates to the 11th century and commands a gap in the Purbeck Hills on the route between Wareham and Swanage.
Meals: Breakfast included Packed lunch included
Distance covered: Approx. 22 miles
Trekking time: Approx. 6 – 8 hours
Crew:Adventurous Ewe Mountain Leader/s
What are the group sizes?
Our maximum size group is 12 per Mountain Leader and minimum we run with is 8
Who will be leading the group?
We employ experienced and fully qualified Mountain Leaders to accompany and lead you. They are Mountain First Aid trained and have extensive experience in leading in the mountains and the three peaks challenge. They will be ultimately responsible for your safety on the trek and the rest of the group. They will be carrying full safety equipment and mountain first aid kits.
How many breaks will be taken during the trek and for how long?
The timing of breaks is quite liberal and there will be scheduled breaks for 5 minutes, the exact times and places of your breaks will very much depend on the weather and the well-being of your group. When ascending and descending in order to maintain a healthy and steady pace.
What is the weather likely to be like?
The weather in the U.K. can be very changeable, it can be glorious sunshine in the morning but be wet and windy by the afternoon. It is not uncommon for it to change from clear blues skies to rain and fog in moments. It is important to follow the advice we give and carry the correct kit (please see kit list).